Apple Commits to Carbon Neutrality by 2030

Last month, Apple announced its plans to become carbon neutral across its entire business by 2030.  This includes Apple’s supply manufacturing chain and product life for all devices.

Currently, Apple is already carbon neutral for its global corporate operations, however, with this latest commitment Apple is working to ensure that every device will have zero net climate impact.  Apple CEO Tim Cook said, “Businesses have a profound opportunity to help build a more sustainable future, one born of our common concern for the planet we share.”

Further, elaborating Cook stated, “The innovations powering our environmental journey are not only good for the planet — they’ve helped us make our products more energy efficient and bring new sources of clean energy online around the world. Climate action can be the foundation for a new era of innovative potential, job creation, and durable economic growth. With our commitment to carbon neutrality, we hope to be a ripple in the pond that creates a much larger change.”

Outlined in depth in Apple’s 2020 Environmental Progress Report, released back in July, the company lays out how it plans to reduce carbon emissions by 75% by 2030 while simultaneously developing carbon capturing solutions for the remaining 25% of Apple’s corporate carbon footprint.

Source: Good News Network